Note: This is not necessary for teams in BC Hockey. We have an synchronization process setup with HCR to automatically populate the system with BC Hockey teams.
If you have teams participating from outside of BC Hockey that you could not find by their team ID (for USA Hockey teams, use their USAH Team ID), then you will need to create a team for them.
Creating a Team
- For Canadian teams, enter their HCR ID.
- For USA Hockey teams, enter their USAH team ID in place of the HCR ID.
- If an appropriate office is not available, please contact an administrator for guidance.
- A team is per season as it represents a single roster. You cannot use a team from a previous season for a game this season.
Once the team is created, you need to create Participants prior to setting up the roster. A participant is required for anyone on the roster, including players and team officials.
- Each Participant must have a unique HCR ID
- For Canadian participants, everyone has a unique Hockey ID that is tied to them for their lifetime. If they have multiple, you may need to contact HCR to merge them.
- For USA Hockey participant, their rosters do not usually include their card numbers, so we use the following standard based on their name and zip code:
- For a player named John Doe living at 90610, their HCR ID would be: 90610DOJ000
- 90610 DOe John 000
- The last three digits are used in the case where multiple people have the same initials and zip code, in which case you can increment to 001 and so forth.
- Make sure to check if the participant exists in the system already before trying to create a new participant. HCR IDs entered must be unique, so this form will error if they're already in the system. In case of an error, search for the participant by their HCR ID to ensure you're not creating a duplicate. A participant is allowed to be associated to many rosters.
Adding Roster Members
Now that you have the team and participants created, you're ready to add members to the roster. See Managing Team Rosters.