Before you create a game, you'll need to create a schedule first and ensure all teams participating in the schedule are entered in the schedule.
Creating a New Game
First, navigate to the schedule the game will be in, then select New Game at the top right of the schedule page.
Next you'll see a popup with a form for entering a game. This game will be automatically added to the schedule.
- Division/Gender/Category: These are automatically populated from the schedule, and you can usually leave these along in most cases.
- Home Team and Away Team: This list will populate using the teams from the schedule. If a team is missing here, make sure it's added to the schedule. If you need a TBA placeholder, it's also a special team you can add to the schedule then select here.
- Date, Start and End Time: Select the date in the popup calendar, then enter the times using 24H formating (e.g., 18:30 for 6:30PM).
- Arena: Enter the name of the arena here. You'll be able to select which rink the game is at. If you're missing an arena, please contact an administrator.
- Status and Comments: These will both show up on the public schedule site to help communicate changes to the game to the public
- Game Number: By default, you can leave this alone and it'll use a generated system number. If you have a specific game numbering convention, you can enter it here.
Once you've saved a game, it'll immediately be available to everyone.