To access the Scorekeeping App: hisports.app
Table of Contents
- Pre Game
- Pre Game
- Add Goal
- Add Penalty
- Ending a Penalty
- Goalie Swap or Pull
- Add Game Notes
- Edit / Delete Goals and Penalties
- End Game
- End Game
- Collect Signature
- Distributing Scoresheets
1. Pre Game
From a browser, navigate to the main menu at hisports.app
Select the Scorekeeper item from the menu.
From the Login Page, enter the Game Number of the game you wish to scorekeep. This number should be given to you prior to the game.
Enter the Home Team HCR ID. This number should also be given to you prior to the game.
If necessary, ask a referee or coaches for these numbers.
1.2. Pre Game
The four tasks required to start the game should be mostly done at his point. You'll see a checkmark beside pregame tasks that are completed, which you can review.
If any of the tasks are incomplete, take the following actions:
- Home/Away Team Lineup -> Ask the respective coaches to adjust and sign their lineups. Hand them your device if necessary. SEE SIGNING LINEUPS
- Scorekeeper & Timekeeper -> Fill in the respective Scorekeeper and Timekeeper's names.
- Game Officials -> Add all missing officials. Verify with the Referees and linesmen to assure they are inputted correctly.
- If Officials are not appearing in the dropdown, and you are sure their name is spelled correctly, you can add an official by selecting ''No results - search or tap here to add'' (see image below)
When all tasks are completed, go ahead and hit Start Game located at the top right. There will be a confirmation popup just in case.
For section 2.1 to 2.5, refer to the stickers on the User Interface screenshot below.
2.1. Add Goal
To add a goal, tap on the Goal button for the respective team you wish to add a goal for.
1. Select the players to assign the goal and assist(s) by tapping on their jerseys. Tap again to unselect.
The green jersey is the scorer and white jerseys are any assists. This is summarized below in case you're not sure.
2. Select the Period in which the goal was scored.
- The Period options are: 1, 2, 3, OT (Overtime*), SO (Shootout*)
- Refer to section 6.1 and 6.2 to see how Overtime and Shoutout are handled
3. Select the Time at which the goal was scored.
- Enter the time you would enter on a paper scoresheet. 00:00 is end of period.
4. Select a Goal Type if necessary.
- The Goal Type options are: Powerplay, Short-handed, Empty Net, Penalty Shot
- If Powerplay is selected you can select which penalty is ended at the time of goal
5. Save the Goal.
2.2. Add Penalty
To add a penalty, tap on the Penalty button for the respective team you wish to add a goal for.
1. Select the player who received the infraction and, if applicable, the player who serves the penalty by tapping on their jerseys. Tap again to unselect.
The yellow jersey indicates the player that received the infraction and white is the player serving the infraction. By default, the player receiving the infraction also serves it unless you select otherwise. This is summarized below in case you're not sure.
2. Next, select the infraction and the duration.
- You can only select a duration that is applicable to the infraction. This list was reviewed by BC Hockey's Referee in Chief, so if you cannot select an option, please speak to the referee as they may have made an error.
3. Select the game time that the infraction was called and play was stopped.
4. In the case that the penalty starts after another penalty, you can specify a different start time. This is usually not necessary.
5. Review the infraction details you selected below, and if it looks correct, tap Save.
Once completed, the penalty will appear as active.
Once the penalty has ended and the player leaves the penalty box, tap on the jersey to end the penalty.
2.2.1 Ending a Penalty
The row in the middle lists the active penalties for each penalty. You can tap a penalty to view it's details and edit or end it from here.
- In the case of a mistake on a penalty, tap Edit and adjust accordingly.
- When ending a penalty, enter the appropriate Period and End Time of the penalty and hit End. This time will default to the time after the duration past the start time.
2.3. Goalie Swap or Pull
To indicate a goalie Swap or Pull, start by tapping the Goalie Swap button.
Select the Period and Game time at which the event occurred and select either Pull or Swap.
- If the team only has one goalie, you will only see the Pull button, as there is no other goalie to swap.
- If the team has two goalies, the goalie leaving the ice will be shown on the left ("Off") and the goalie entering the net will be shown on the right ("On").
To reinstate a goalie that has been pulled, tap the Goalie Swap button.
1. Select the Period and Game Time at which the goalie is going back into the game.
2. Select the Goalie that is returning by tapping on the helmet.
2.4. Add Game Notes
If additional notes need to be added to the scoresheet, select the Game Notes button located at the top right.
Enter the note(s) in the white square and hit Save.
Game notes are useful for any odd situation not covered by the electronic scoresheet. The notes will be listed at the bottom of the scoresheet that is sent after the game.
2.5. Edit / Delete Goals and Penalties
To Edit any events in the General/Goal/Penalty Summary section, tap the Pen Icon found to the right of the event. Make the necessary changes and hit Save.
To Delete any events in the General/Goal/Penalty Summary section, tap the "X" Icon found to the right of the event.
3. End Game
3.1. End Game
To end a game, tap the End Game button found in the top right corner.
Select the Period and Game Time at which the game ended, then tap End Game.
* OT = Overtime
* SO = Shootout
3.2. Collect Signatures
Sign the Scorekeeper signature box, and have the Timekeeper to sign the Timekeeper signature box.
Ask All Officials to sign their respective signature box under their name:
3.3. Distributing Scoresheets
All Team Officials (anyone that isn't a player that has registered) will automatically receive a copy of the digital scoresheet by email if they are registered. Referees do not automatically receive a scoresheet.
If necessary, scoresheets can be sent to additional email addresses:
1. Select Send scoresheet to additional emails, then tap Next.
2. Enter the requested Email Address. To add more than one, simply Add Another. When ready, hit Submit.